Saturday, February 04, 2006

Anna's Salvation

Today the angels rejoice, and so do I. Tonight, Saturday, February 4, 2006, at 9PM our youngest daughter, Anna, just prayed to receive Christ. I think what encourages me the most is knowing that we didn't ask her first if it was something she wanted to do, but rather she approached us and said that she wanted to have God in her heart. So, her mother and I sat down with her, explained the gospel to her, then asked her if she still wanted Jesus in her heart. When she said yes, we all held hands and I led her in a prayer of salvation. Time will reveal the power of her conviction, but tonight my heart is swollen with joy. It has been the prayer of Mandi and I since before any of our children were born that they would dedicate themselves to the Lord.

Two down, one to go.

Alyssa, our eldest, also asked Jesus into her heart at the age of four. Now six, she is still strong in her faith. It is such a blessing to me and her mother to know that she is still interested in the Lord. I pray even now that these two would persevere to the end, hold firm to the faith that is theirs in Christ Jesus, and lead the world to change for the glory of God. Amen.

No comments: