Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving, a day to be thankful for the long list of things God has blessed me with. Family, friends, freedom, fishing, football... AHhhhhh.... football. Watching maybe the singe worst Thanksgiving lineup in history this afternoon I realized how thankful I am to have seen Barry Sanders jukin' and groovin' through opposing defenses for the Detroit Lions on so many wonderful Thanksgivings. Seeing this year's Lion team struggle to rise above putrid to become merely horrible as they got plastered by the Tennessee Titans, I was reminded how incredible Barry was to watch. In twenty years of avid NFL fandom, I've never been so entertained as when Barry had the ball in his hands. So on this Thanksgiving, I just want to give my appreciation to the most entertaining back in NFL history. Thanks Barry.