Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fishing

YesterdayI had the unexpected privilege of fishing Indian Creek with Steve Patterson (SRBA DOM). I was thoroughly outfished, but then again, I brought the wrong tackle, which didn't help. Still, it was a beautiful day, beautiful water, good company and the fish were definitely biting. Between the two us Steve and I landed 72 fish, all warmouth and smallmouth bass. I kept a string of the warmouth we caught, and my last catch (number 21 for me) was a nice 14-inch smallmouth. We used weedless plastics that imitate hellgramites. Most of the fish were tiny (6-inches or less), but hey, they were still fish, and there were enough of them to keep us busy. Indian Creek is a beautiful, pristine, crystal clear stream with tons of fish; aside from what we caught I saw plenty of stone cats and suckers. Anyway, it was a great day of fishing, worthy of rememberance.

I can't vouch for the integrity of the links on this page. They're the best I found without really looking. The one on Indian Creek, in particular, is sketchy. The strech we fished was definitely not navigable other that wading, and that would be true regardless of season or rainfall...

No comments: