Monday, June 13, 2005

What I did on my summer vacation

The Jefferson National Expansion Memorial (the St. Louis Arch), the Oklahoma City National Memorial (Oklahoma City, OK), a wedding (Ardmore, OK), fishing at Lake Eucha (Oklahoma), fishing at Grand Lake o' the Cherokees (Oklahoma), a bass tournament (Grand Lake, OK)... Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument (Washington), fishing at Wickiup Reservoir (Oregon), fishing at South Twin Lake (Oregon), Crater Lake National Park (Oregon). AND ITS ONLY JUNE! Not bad for two weeks, eh? Somewhere in there we even squeezed in time to get a new job. Pending a vote of the Spring River Baptist Association, as of July 15th I will be the director for the Baptist Student Union at Missouri Southern State University (Joplin, MO). Now all we have to do is sell our house in Bloomington, pack everything we own, find new digs in Joplin, move our belongings and unpack...

With all that's gone on during the past few weeks, I could write forever. The highlight of the trip though might have been the time I spent with my father and Nate fishing at South Twin. Nate was the fourth generation of Smith to dip a line in the water there. It is a place of cherished memories for our family and I hope we can continue that tradition for many years into the future. Of course, at 4 years old, Nate isn't exactly a pro yet when it comes to fishing, but he was brave enough to hang out there in the boat even though he was afraid of the water it was in. I am proud of him.

No comments: