Friday, October 19, 2007

Prayer

Lord, I am dismayed by the attitude of those who do not call you enemy, but rather ignore you completely.
There are so many now, Father, who simply refuse to believe you even exist.
I think specifically of X and X.
Lord, I want to be there when they get to heaven.
Give them a spiritual awakening.
Reveal Yourself to them.
Let them see and respond to Your great love.
I want to embrace them, Lord, when they get to heaven.
And I don’t care who it is that leads them to faith.
I want no credit for their salvation.
AS IF I could ever garner such a praise!
Lord, I just really want to be able to talk with them in the middle of Your holy peace, in Your heavenly abode, and listen to their journey of faith, their discovery of Jesus and the transformation He brought to their lives.
Father, save them, for they know not who You are.
Break them, if necessary.
Ruin them.
Destroy every vestige of control they have.
Wreak whatever havoc is necessary, or do nothing at all.
Bless them beyond measure with wealth and power and fame and luxury of whatever kind they desire.
I don’t care.
I just want to know that we will one day be in heaven together.
Lord, there are so many people now who do not know you.
Who are going to Hell, Father.
Please, make it stop.
How can you sit idly by and watch the ones, created in Your image, throw their lives away on empty philosophies, false religions, misplaced faith, and personal greed?
What of the children, Lord, suffering and starving, sick and needy?
Dying without you.
What of their parents, Lord.
You alone are God.
You alone will I trust.
But, God, please.
PLEASE!
Do something.
“Here I am Lord, send me.”
It’s not working.
There are so many people going to Hell.
Father, I pray that your church here in America, in Missouri, in Joplin, at MSSU, in the BSU, would feel, for a second, what those millions who are dying right now, will feel for eternity if we don’t do something to stop it.
Give us, LORD, for a moment, a glimpse of the world, our campus, through your eyes.
Father, there are too many people going to Hell.
Don’t You care?
Help us to feel what You feel.
To embrace with compassion the world in which we live.
Heavenly Father, I love you.
But I don’t understand.
Why is there so much apathy in the church?
Why do you allow us to call ourselves, “The bride of Christ,” when we are so unfailingly hard-headed, lazy, dispassionate, cowardly, calloused and craven?
Save us, Lord.
And save the world, Your world, from us.
Send workers for the harvest.
Send me.
Open my eyes to how I can serve you more effectively, efficiently, and earnestly.
I want to be used.
I want to feel used.
I want to feel used by You!
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Heavenly Father, it is not my desire to garner praise for my name, but to bring glory to Yours.
This campus, Lord, needs You.
Please, pour out Your Spirit on us.