Monday, October 01, 2007

10 Things I love about being a dad.

So, here's a list of things I love about being a dad. I suppose it should be noted that the list fluid because as kids grow and change you find new things love as old things cease. Seeing them grow, a true joy, is also bittersweet. I used bullets instead of numbers because I'm not ure I could ever order these properly, if that's even possible. I do this now knowing that in a year it would be different, every year it would be different. This one thing I know, above all else, I love being a dad most of all because everyone thinks they have great kids, but that's only because they don't have mine. Mine set the standard of greatness. They always have, and in my heart, they always will...

  • Being treated like furniture.
  • Watching my kids chase me down the driveway and across the yard when I leave for work in the morning.
  • Reading to them, even if they won't listen.
  • Watching them sleep.
  • Seeing them grow.
  • Hearing/telling goofy jokes.
  • The Tickle Monster.
  • Calming their nightly fears.
  • Hearing their prayers.
  • Squeezy hugs.
  • Blanket hugs.
  • Butterfly kisses from my girls.
  • Wrestling with my boy.
  • Daddy Dates with the Alyssa & Anna
  • Man Time with Nate
  • Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera ad infinitum