Thursday, November 02, 2006

Recent God story

A recent God story: Yesterday I printed out an outline I requested from Rose Bear (the wife of Roger Bear, BSU director at Indiana State University) on civic christianity, which included the quote, "...on caring for the needy. Of all the issues we could get involved in, the Bible has more to say about this one than all the rest put together..." That's honestly all I remembered since Wednesdays are my busiest day. That night however, as I dropped off our kids at AWANA, Mandi and I were approached by a couple of "bums" who needed a ride. Call it providence, but we gave them their lift and $20 for dinner. Their story is irrelevant, its just that I've lived here over a year now and NEVER been approached that way. On the same day I got that outline? Ha! God is funny.

No comments: