Monday, November 28, 2005

Disaster Relief: Hurricane Katrina

So, I spent the last week on a Disaster Relief Mission to Algiers (New Orleans), Louisiana assisting the Missouri Baptist Convention and Red Cross's efforts to help southwest Louisiana dig out from Hurricane Katrina. My plan at this point is to just start a new blog with all of my mission journal entries for the past 13 years in it, but for now the thing I want to remember (since it isn't in my journal yet) is that I did, in fact, appear on the local Fox TV station and our group got mentioned on National Public Radio. Of course, NPR blew the coverage by refering to our group as "students from colleges around the country" or some such gaff, but ours was, in point of fact, the ONLY student group on site, so we KNOW that we were the people the reporter was talking about. I am especially disappointed since I specifically told her the name of our school. C'est la vie, I guess. Never trust the media...