Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tiger Woods: Human?


Now, like most rational human beings on planet Earth, I am a monotheist; Southern Baptist by flavor. Let me just say that up front. But has anyone noticed that Tiger Woods seems to be something other than human? I mean, he's won 10 of his last 13 tournaments on a ruptured ACL, hasn't finished worst than 5th in any of them, and just stole his 3rd U.S. Open on a fractured tibia. I'm not saying he's a god, but that certainly challenges the limits of believability if you think he's human. I'm not a golf fan by any stretch of the imagination, but Tiger is simply a joy to watch. I mean, really, if God did play golf, how much better could He be? Which brings up an interesting point. I know Jesus was fully man and fully God, but was He fully Tiger? At this point I'm not sure.


Not that Tiger deserves to be worshipped, that would be a sin. Idolatry to be exact. So I guess I'm not really sure how to deal with him. Should we admire him for being such an incredible golfer? Or should we shun him for slumming around here on earth, masquerading as a real person, when he should be off on some other planet or in some other dimension with others of his kind.


I wonder if, wherever he's really from, he's such a good golfer there?