Monday, January 15, 2007

Snow Day

Its a snow day! Yay. Actually, its an 'ice' day, since we have about two inches of solid ice on the ground. On Saturday night, after church, we stopped by Wal-mart to grab some chicken breasts--and where do they find these chickens anyway? Most of the breasts they sell these day would make a Playboy Bunny green with envy.--Anyway, we were getting some chicken breasts when I decided to cut cookies in an empty section of the parking lot. When I say empty, I mean no one had parked there for days. SO I took our 4-Runner out of four-wheel-drive and started sliding around on the ice. The girls were with us and they screamed and giggled with delight. It was fun. Still, I was surprised to see that all that spinning and sliding didn't even leave a tire print on the ice. You wouldn't know we'd ever been there if you didn't see us playing on the ice. It was eerie, really. I mean, shouldn't a mid-sized SUV at least leave a scratch or something? Guess not.

Then last night at about 7:30 the power went out at our house. It stayed off until about 7:30 this morning. We had plenty of flashlights and the fireplace kept us warm, so it wasn't a big deal, but still, it was a nice experience to share with the kids.

Nate should be coming home tonight, weather permitting. He's flying in with his Nana. I know its only been two weeks since I saw him last, but I miss him a lot. He's my son and I love him.